Sunday, June 18, 2006

So, it's been a while

I have a long post from Tuesday night. It's whiny. Here's the distillation: I don't have a job yet, and my sock is moving along.

Now that we've got that taken care of, the sock is still moving along, we're in the home town for an extra day and will leave tomorrow instead of tonight. As I type, Nick is photographing my sock. Wait, no, he's eating pizza. Hopefully there will be photos also of the new needle roll I got at the yarn store. Peace Fleece makes them, so I was happy to support two good things at once. The store is very new, and I hope it doesn't go out of business.

Did I mention that I don't have a job?

Anyway, we went out and saw a band at the bar last night. A great big banjo sound. Loved it.

Some of Nick's extended family are here in town working on a business venture that is off to a fantastic start. So proud of them for making their dream work. Such nice people, too. We all went to dinner with the other business partner last night and had lots of fun. In fact, my venture to the yarn store was not with Nick, but with his very generous Aunt and Uncle, who helped me support the store by gifting me the needle roll. Yay.

No comments: